Solid Waste Management Planning Advisory Committee
The Calhoun County Solid Waste Management Planning Committee exists as required by statutory authority under Section 11534 of Part 115, Solid Waste Management, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act of 1994 P.A. 451, as amended. The committee assists in the preparation of the Solid Waste Management Plan by providing advice and consultation along with assuring that the Solid Waste Program fulfills all the requirements of the act and rules as to both the content of the plan and the public participation.
The duties of the Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Identification of the local policies and priorities
- Insuring coordination and public participation
- Periodically advise the County and Municipalities of the plan’s status
- Approve the plan
- Recommendation of the annual budget for the Solid Waste Management Fund
The County Solid Waste Management Planning Advisory Committee consists of 14 members that are appointed by the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners. Membership on the Committee shall be in accordance with Section 11534 of Part 115 of Act 451 of the Michigan Public Acts of 1994. Appointments are for a two-year term which ends Dec. 31 the second year.
Vacant positions include:
- 2 positions for “General Public”
- 1 position for “Industrial Generator”
- 1 position for “Township” must be elected official or have letter from an elected official stating they are the official designee
- 1 position for “Solid Waste Industry”
- 2 positions for “Environmental Interest Group” Group can be based here or member can reside here if it is a state organization
Applications are due by end of January.