Calhoun County Parks and Recreation Commission
Monthly Meeting: Meets the first Thursday of every other month between 4 pm and 5:30 pm
Location: Calhoun County Building, 315 W. Green St., Room 1-400, Marshall, MI 49068
The Calhoun County Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC) is currently seeking applicants for a vacant position on the Commission. The PARC is responsible for providing direction and guidance in the development, maintenance, and improvement of parks and recreation facilities in Calhoun County. PARC members also monitor the Calhoun County Parks Millage allocation process which is available to all municipalities in the county.
The successful candidate will be expected to exercise the powers and duties authorized by the statutes and laws of the State of Michigan under Public Act 261 of 1965. The Commission comprises 10 members who are appointed by the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners. The appointment is for three years and ends on December 31st.
PARC members may be asked to serve on subcommittees as needed, which can vary in time commitment. However, candidates should expect to commit 2-4 hours of work time per month towards Commission goals. The Commission values diversity and encourages applicants from all economic, governmental, social, and educational backgrounds in Calhoun County to apply.
To be considered for this position, apply online at the Application for Appointment and use the drop down arrow to find the “Parks and Recreation Commission” field. Please complete the application and include a copy of your resume or CRV.
Calhoun County Planning Commission
The duties of the County Planning Commission are as follows:
- Adopt a County Master Plan, review the Plan regularly, and make necessary updates as required;
- Provide review and recommendation of all proposed amendments to Township zoning and land use policy (including map amendments);
- Prepare an annual report to the County Board of Commissioners;
- Prepare special studies and plans, as requested by the County Board of Commissioners;
- Participate in applicable training sessions, conferences, or meetings in order to properly fulfill the duties of the Commission.
- Citizens at large
- Recreation and tourism interests
- Transportation and communication
- Sanitation, environmental health, housing and human services
Click here for the job description