The Calhoun County Correctional Facility is located in the City of Battle Creek and was opened in 1994. It is a Direct Supervision facility, meaning that corrections officers work in the living areas of the inmates/detainees. The jail is rated for 630 inmates/detainees and employs a staff of approximately 120. The local population averages 275-325 inmates/detainees and, in order to offset costs and raise revenue for the County, rents out remaining beds to other cities, counties, and the federal government.
The Corrections Division is further responsible for Court and Justice Center Security, as well as the transportation of inmates/detainees to and from Courts and other correctional facilities.
- Secure lodging for pre-sentenced and sentenced inmates/detainees
- Prisoner Transport and Court Security
- Support Services to Inmates/Detainees (24-hour NCCHC Accreditated Medical Care, food service, religious support, laundry, counseling, GED education, etc.)
- Contract Civil Detention
Inmate/Detainee Account Fund
The Calhoun County Sheriff's Office accepts funds for inmates/detainees that will be held in an account. These funds may be used to purchase items from the correction center commissary, pay for medical and other health related expenses, haircuts, and other items as they come up. You can send funds in the following ways:
- Cash (in person)
- Western Union
- Credit Card (at the following number: 866-345-1884)
- Put funds in an inmate's account
Please make sure you include the inmate's/detainee's full name on the envelope.
Policies and Procedures
Inmate/Detainee Visitation Hours
The Calhoun County Correctional Facility is a 24-hour / 7-day-a-week operation. However, inmate/detainee visitation takes place during the following scheduled times, unless otherwise authorized by the Shift Commander.
Onsite: Monday - Friday: 7:30am-10:30am, 12:30pm-4:30pm.
Remote: Daily 7:30am-10:30am, 12:30pm-4:30pm, 7:30pm-9:00pm.
- In order to visit, one must go to www.icsolutions.com to login to an existing account or create a new account.
- Visitors who already have an ICSolutions account for inmate telephones can use that same account for video visitation.
- Select the option to "Register for Video". Follow the directions for registration. Once registration is completed, visitors can schedule a visitation session.
- Visitors can visit using the On Site visiting terminals at no cost.
- Visitors can visit Off Site by using their computer or any android device by downloading The Visitor android app, ICS MOBILE, from the Google Play store. Off Site visitation is fee based and a 25 minute visit will cost $8.75. Internet connectivity issues during off site visits will not be refunded.
- In order to visit, visitors must schedule a visit at least 48 hours in advance. Visitors must schedule their visits through the ICSolutions website, or at the visitation registration station in the Visitation Lobby at the jail.
All persons entering the Justice Complex must enter through the main entrance and will be subject to search by a metal detector. Handbags and other items will be passed through an X-ray machine.
Because of the secure nature of the facility, citizens are not allowed free access to the jail. However, organized tours are made available to groups. If you are interested in a tour, please contact Lt. Tendziegloski at (269) 969-6352 or Lt. Hirakis at (269) 969-6346.
- Cell Phones
- Firearms or other weapons
- Knifes of any kind
- Chemical Sprays
- Photographic or recording devices
- Video Games
- Music Devices