For the most up-to-date information about court operations during the COVID-19 outbreak,
please visit the Courts page or our COVID-19 Alert page.
Return your Jury Questionnaire by mail or complete it online.
Click here to complete online
Juror Safety During COVID-19The Courts have implemented many new procedures to ensure juror safety during COVID-19. Please see this Letter to Jurors explaining the precautions put in place.
- Jurors in the Justice Complex are required to wear masks or face shields regardless of vaccination status
- Jurors should take the health screening prior to coming to the building. (Click here for Health Screening)
- Please call the Jury Clerk if you are ill during your jury service term. 269-969-6533.
- Do not report on the first day of your term unless you are instructed to do so. Sometimes jury panels are not needed as cases resolve just prior to the scheduled trial date.
- If you are needed at the court, Jury Services will contact you by email or text message the night before you are to report for jury duty. You may also check on your status by visiting e-Response or calling the jury line (1-855-509-5879) after 5 p.m. each evening.
- If you need to report to the court for jury service, the date and time will be provided to you on both eResponse/jury line - if there is no date or time listed, you do not need to report.
- Jury service terms are for two weeks or one trial, whichever is shorter.
Tips for Reporting
- Arrive promptly.
- Bring reading material, work or a cell phone to use during downtime.
- Cell phones are permitted, but charging may not be possible. Bring an extra battery if desired.
- During COVID-19, coffee will not be provided, but food and drink will be permitted into the building.
- Review the Health Screening Questionnaire to ensure you are healthy enough to report for jury duty.
Juror Reporting LocationYou will report for jury duty on the 4th floor of the Justice Center at 161 E. Michigan Ave., Battle Creek. Please review the Health Screening form prior to your arrival. If you are sick, stay home and call the Jury Clerk at 269-969-6533.
Contact Calhoun County Jury Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Income Tax Information: The county does NOT issue 1099s for jury service payment because it is lower than the threshold for required 1099 reporting. If you need payment information because you served on a jury in 2020, you may contact the Jury Coordinator who can provide that information to you.