To file a report during business hours, please call our
Communicable Disease office directly at 269-969-6383.
- [Michigan’s Communicable Disease and Condition Rules]
- [List of Michigan’s Reportable Diseases Organized by Condition]
- [List of Michigan’s Reportable Diseases Organized by Pathogen]
Involving Calhoun County residents, local healthcare providers (physician offices, clinics, laboratories, healthcare facilities) are required to report suspected and/or confirmed infections, diseases, conditions, or unusual clusters to our CD office.
How to Report to CCPHD
CCPHD will accept reports via fax, phone, or electronically into the Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS). All reports should include:
- Patient’s full legal name, and parent/guardian if minor
- Patient’s date of birth and sex
- Patient’s complete address including street, city, county, state, and zip code
- Patient’s phone number
- Name of suspect or confirmed disease, infection, or condition
- Specific laboratory test (if tested), date performed, where performed, and results
- The estimated onset of illness, disease, or condition
- Name, address, and phone number of the reporting facility
Required reporting guidelines can be found in the Health Care Professional's Guide to Disease Reporting in Michigan:
Health Care Professional's Guide to Disease Reporting in Michigan
For more information contact CCPHD Communicable Disease directly.